Friday, October 17, 2008

obsession with foreign script tattoos

foreign is exotic, cool (at least in some contexts): especially foreign script tattoos, that hopefully mean what you expect them to... People are essentially decorating their bodies with words, letters, that they are unable to read. Can you imagine someone in Japan having A B C tattooed down his neck? on his shoulder?

Here's one tattoo artist who's tired of the foreign language tattoo fad.

Some even point out the flaws in foreign language body art.

Or how about some errors in English language tattoos done abroad?

:)

I guess I'm no one to talk- I sometimes wear a Mah Jong tile around my neck because I think it looks nice. I don't know if I'd tattoo it onto my skin though, especially if I wasn't 100% sure the script was accurate...

No comments: